COURGETTE, KALE & MINT FRITTERS
We asked if you wanted the recipe and almost all of you said yes, so here you are! This is our favourite supergreen veggie fritter recipe (inspired and tweaked from the one and only Mr Jamie Oliver) - perfect for batch cooking and popping in the freezer for those lazy days when you want a quick and healthy dinner. They are super easy, completely delicious and full of all the good stuff. They are naturally gluten and dairy free (if you don't add the side of greek yoghurt to serve). Also delicious with a side of wild salmon too!
2 x chopped courgettes
1 clove garlic
2 x chopped shallots
2 x chopped spring onions
3 organic eggs
Natural coconut (Coyo is our fave) / extra virgin olive oil
Dollop of coconut / thick greek yoghurt to serve
Toasted pine nuts
Squeeze of lemon
- Chop up the courgettes into thin slivers / small pieces. Add the kale and chopped courgettes to a pan with coconut/olive oil to soften.
- In a separate pan, fry the shallots, then add the garlic for the last minute once the shallots are turning golden. Take off the heat when cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, shallots and garlic. Add the chopped spring onions, chopped mint and sea salt. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the green mixture.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat and add a generous dash of coconut/olive oil. Once it’s hot, add the heaped patties to the pan (note: they may feel like they’re falling apart here, but once they start to cook, the egg will hold them together).
- Once one side is looking golden brown, flip them over - this should be after approx. 2 - 3 minutes, until the egg is cooked through.
- Add your choice of toppings: we love them with toasted pine nuts, a dollop of natural yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon.
Please do let us know if you make them and we'd love for you to tag us @maia.wellco so we can see your creations! Happy cooking :)